The Rags to Riches Story of a Soccer Player Growing Up in Poverty

        I am Zlatan: My Story On and Off the Field by David Lagercrantz is the autobiography of the great soccer player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. It tells an inspirational rags to riches story. Zlatan was a little immigrant kid in Sweden with not much money and many family problems using soccer to cope with his problems. Now he is a very rich soccer superstar, making money in the big leagues of soccer  . This book is inspirational, entertaining, and funny, and because of those things, I think that this is a good book.
        One of the reasons I think this book is good is because of its entertaining aspect. The book talks about specific stories rather than summarizing over a certain amount of time, which I find to be a lot more interesting. He will skip over a long period of time, in which not much happens, so he can talk more about funny encounters with friends, managers and other players. Zlatan also adds a lot of personality to the book, as the book is written in his well known cocky and "takes no crap" attitude. The author makes sure to make the book sound fun and playful, and not too serious or grim. It's just a book that you can read to get a couple laughs and enjoy yourself, not to work your brain or think deeply.
        I also like this book because of it's inspiring story and it's talk about life outside of just soccer. We tend to only see these celebrities and icons on the big stage, whether it's on the soccer field or a TV show. We don't really get to see what goes on behind the scenes of a soccer players life, but that's what this book touches on a lot. It talks about the problems he had at home as a child, with his step sister being a drug addict, his dad being a heavy alcohol abuser, and his parents being divorced, and how that has shaped him into the person he is today. He has overcome many odds to become a worldwide known star and he conveys that in an exciting and impactful way.
        Overall, I really enjoy this book. I like it's fun and fast paced writing style, along with it's inspirational story. The book has a lighthearted feel to it, which just makes the book enjoyable, and fun to read. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an entertaining book, or to anyone who plays or follows soccer. 

-Teo Chemla

Comments

  1. You did a great job explaining why you liked this book and you summarized it well. It's unique how the author not only touches on his achievements in soccer, but takes readers behind the scenes, showing them his personal life. I found the stories about his family interesting, and they seem to add a lot to the story, showing readers how Zlatan got to the place he is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job explaining the style in which this book is written and what it is about. I also like how you shared your opinion about the choice of content and it gives me a good idea of whether I would like the book or not. I think it is also a cool idea to show famous people from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It was well-written and I enjoyed reading your opinions. I like the personal aspect of the book, how Zlatan tells readers about stories in his life that he might not tell publicly. One thing I was confused about was how you mentioned it was an autobiography, but how it was not actually written by Zlatan, but by David Lagercrantz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an extraordinary job summarizing the book, as well explaining why you appreciated it. I also liked how you found the book inspiring, which shows that this book truly is special. The way you described the pace and writing style really made me want to read this book. This seems like a great book that I can not wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a good job reviewing I am Zlatan: My Story On and Off the Field by explaining the tone of the autobiography without spoiling any of its content. I liked how you explained that the book is inspiring yet funny, and I believe those are 2 factors people appreciate in books. It seems that this book would be especially useful for people trying to become professional sports players, because it shows how you must work diligently to make it in the big leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you included how Zlatan Ibrahimovic's sense of humor/tone and what it added to the book. I also like how you were able to summarize Ibrahimovic's life story. Someone could read this blog post and, by the way in which you described the style of the book and the stories included, could decide whether or not they wanted to read it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get to Know the Narrator of The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

Getting to Know People Living in Paper Towns

The Reality of Making Poor Choices While Climbing Everest